Ascension Thursday

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!
Jesus said to his disciples: 
"A little while and you will no longer see me,
and again a little while later and you will see me."
So some of his disciples said to one another,
"What does this mean that he is saying to us,
'A little while and you will not see me,
and again a little while and you will see me,'
and 'Because I am going to the Father'?"
So they said, "What is this 'little while' of which he speaks?
We do not know what he means." 
Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them,
"Are you discussing with one another what I said,
'A little while and you will not see me,
and again a little while and you will see me'?
Amen, amen, I say to you,
you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices;
you will grieve, but your grief will become joy."  John 16:16-20 (NAB)

The disciples were a confused little bunch, weren't they?  I love the fact that they sort of talk about Jesus behind His back right in front of Him!

When I was reading today's Gospel, I realized how we keep Christ alive within us.  The disciples eventually caught on and began to preach and live the faith.  In my own life, I've seen changes in the attitude of others towards me as they get to know who I am.  Sometimes they are surprised when they realize I put my faith first.

Though we mark today as the day Christ ascended into heaven, we have to remember, that He still walks with us here on earth, residing in our hearts to carry on His work.

02 Jun, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/being-catholic-really/2011/06/ascension-thursday.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com