It's National Running Day!

49hu1vsq.png
A couple of weeks ago I shared 10 ways (from their website) to celebrate National Running Day! I'm doing a few of these today, like #1, but want to focus on two specifically that I'm doing to celebrate today.

First, I'm going for a run tonight after work. Well duh, Dan it is National Running Day. Yes, yes it is...but I'm taking Pam and the girls with me. We're going to head over to the trail and run, #7and #9 on the list.

Coach Jen has me down for a 45:00 run with a 15:00 warm up, I'll run that with the family and go off on my own for the main set. 1:00 hard/ 1:00 easy, 5 times...then run back to my family to finish.

The other thing from the list I'm doing? I've chosen my next goal, #8, and have officially registered for my next marathon. If everything goes according to plan it will be marathon number 3, my first spring marathon, and my first destination race.

marathon_logo.gif
I'm going to run the Austin Marathon on February 19, 2012! I'm excited. My dad and step mom are excited because they live down there and because Pam, the girls and I will go for the race, then spend the week there for vacation!

While I'm excited about the race, I keep staring at the course profile...wow, that's a bit hilly. I'm anxious about it, I admit, but I think it's going to be fun! I'll definitely have a busy winter with training, filled with lots of hill work! Bring it!!!

I think Coach Jen, Ashley and I are going to sit down and make sure we're on the same page training wise.

So that's what I'm doing to celebrate National Running Day! What are you doing? Did you run yet? Running at lunch? Tonight?

If anyone is going to be out on the North Branch Trail, give me a shout!

More later!

If you want to run sometime, email me! If you want, go like my facebook page and follow my journey!

01 Jun, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/cubicle-dad/2011/06/its-national-running-day.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com