Selena Gomez, role model

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

 

gomez.JPG

Selena Gomez made an appearance at our local mall, Orland Square, setting off a frenzied episode of Selena-mania. My ears have yet to recover.

 

Disney Channel's latest ingénue is crisscrossing the country on a promotional trip to tout her new movie, Monte Carlo. Much has changed for the once scrub faced youngster who used to prance and sing with the purple dinosaur we know and hate as Barney. Today, Selena is a polished product of the Disney machine. Well dressed and coiffed, mingling at the right parties and premieres. She even has an equally well dressed and coiffed boyfriend--Justin Beiber.

I just hope her transformation ends here. Remember Lindsay Lohan?

Many of the little girls I spoke with at the mall appearance today had the same thing to say about Selena: they think she's a good role model. She's talented, ambitious, poised, and does her fair share of philanthropic good. Oh, did I mention she has a head of hair to die for?

I know what you cynics are saying. Parents are supposed to be role models for their kids. And I am, or at least I try to be one every day. Well, most days, if I'm honest.

But kids will be kids, and they'll be more apt to emulate someone famous over the women who birthed them.

So until I make it to the front of J-14 magazine or star in my own show, I happily share role model duties with Selena Gomez and whatever Disney ingénue is next in line.

After investing in Selena Gomez CDs, Selena Gomez brand shoes at Payless, and watching umpteen episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place with Only Daughter, not to mention shelling out 10 bucks a ticket to watch Ramona and Beezus (yawn!), you--Selena Gomez--owe me this favor.

27 Jun, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/raising-coconuts/2011/06/selena-gomez-role-model.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com