Mary J. Blige Opens Up About Childhood Molestation

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!


Opening up about an emotional topic, Mary J. Blige told VH1's Behind the Music that being molested when she was a child made her feel "worthless."

Last night, the Grammy award-winning singer gave a candid interview in which she talks about her difficult childhood and molested at the age of five.

Discussing the sexual abuse, Mary said: "When I was five years old I was molested and just, you know. I remember feeling, literally right before it happened, I just could not believe that this person was going to do this to me."

Mary J. Blige Photograph

However, the fear and anger soon turned to blaming herself. She added: "That thing followed me all my life. The shame of thinking my molestation was my fault. It led me to believe I wasn't worth anything."

Mary also opened up about her alcohol problems and credits husband Kendu for her ability to quit: "When I stopped drinking, it was willpower."

"It was prayer. It was really hard. But most of all, I cared so much about [Kendu], I didn't wanna be just this alcoholic burden on him."

In addition to Kendu, she is eternally grateful to Diddy:

"If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have made it this far in my career, because he pushed me, challenged me to challenge myself."

[Photo: WENN.com]

steve@thehollywoodgossip.com (Free Britney) 25 Jul, 2011


--
Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/07/mary-j-blige-opens-up-about-childhood-molestation/
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com