On Gratitude and Other Things

365 days.  365 blog entries.  1,095 things to be grateful for.  And this is what I've learned ~

1.  I think, sometimes, I forget to thank the busboy.  But, the waiter, the waitress, the hostess, the coat check person, the cab driver, the bus driver, the doorman, the guy who holds the elevator? I'm a thanking machine.  But, it seems like the plates and the bread basket and the empty glasses just disappear all on their own.  Someone took our plates?  I was busy talking.  I didn't even notice. Yes, that's how riveting my dinner conversation is.  (Stop laughing.)

2. Surround yourself with cheerleaders.  Cut out anyone who doubts you or laughs at your dreams.  Surround yourself with people who are rooting for you, always.

3. Thank the cheerleaders.  Root for them in return.

4. Not everyone wants a big wedding.  Not everyone even wants to get married.  Not everyone wants to have babies.  Not everyone wants your career, or a career.  There is no script we must follow on how to live our lives. Do what you want.

5. Thank the people who refrain from telling you how to live your life. Refrain in return.

6.  Good food is something to be grateful for.  A good meal makes everything better.

7.  So does a good laugh.  Thank the funny people in your life. 

8.  Never take your health for granted.

9.  Never take your freedom for granted.

10.  Never take your loved ones' health or freedom for granted.

11. There is always at least one thing to be grateful for everyday.   I say, why not go for three.

12.  Stop and thank the busboy. 

~~~~~~~~

Today, I am grateful ~

1/ to ChicagoNow for their support of this blog

2/ to everyone who read it, not just my mother

3/ that this is my 365th entry.   I did it!  I'm done!
Not done with Roses, but with blogging every. single. day. 
However, this blog will continue and there will be a book!  Stay tuned ...

And, THANK YOU for reading Stop and Blog the Roses.  Follow me on Twitter @fernronay or on Facebook here. 

31 May, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/stop-and-blog-roses/2011/05/on-gratitude-and-other-things.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com