Jim Tressel Leaves Ohio State

Tressel tunnel.jpg

Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel has, officially, resigned.

He will not coach a single game at the university after their bowl game appearance in January.

I know I heard that news somewhere before...

And yet, when I wrote that Tressel would leave OSU back on Christmas day, the reaction I received was... well... less than popular.

"The OZone," a fan site for the Buckeyes, posted the picture of me with my son and the Stanley Cup and took personal attacks at me. How dare I report truth?

NBC SPORTS started roasting me with a "please hold your laughter" preface to the story.

And the Columbus Post Dispatch? This is how their Buckeyes writer treated me on Twitter.

PDBuckeyes Tweet.jpg

And yet here we are, on Memorial Day, months before Ohio State plays a game, and Tressel is doing exactly what I reported he would do: stepping down. (Who's crying in a bar now, Doug?)

Well, to all those folks in Ohio that took shots at me on twitter, and left personal attacks in the comments on my piece that ended up being factual, you're welcome. Glad I could share the news five months before it became true.

Do I feel VICTORious with this news? Not really. But I will HAIL my sources, who were correct.

30 May, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2011/05/jim-tressel-leaves-ohio-state.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com