Because We Are All Beloved

Beloved:
Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts.
Always be ready to give an explanation
to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope,
but do it with gentleness and reverence,
keeping your conscience clear,
so that, when you are maligned,
those who defame your good conduct in Christ
may themselves be put to shame.
For it is better to suffer for doing good,
if that be the will of God, than for doing evil.

For Christ also suffered for sins once,
the righteous for the sake of the unrighteous,
that he might lead you to God.
Put to death in the flesh,
he was brought to life in the Spirit. 1 Peter 3:15-18 (NAB)

Today's Gospel (John 14:15-21) gives us Jesus' words of loving Him and keeping the commandments.  He tells the disciples that Our Father is sending them the Holy Spirit to remind then of His love now that they don't see Him anymore.

Reading the Gospels lets us know Christ through His Words.  It's important to get to know Him that way and through prayer, to have an ongoing conversation.  But the second reading jumped out at me because it starts with "Beloved."  I am a sucker for that word!

I don't always have an answer when someone asks me about my faith and then other times, the words spill out (or my fingers fly over the keyboard of my laptop) and I astonish myself that I had an answer!  I think the Lord seizes the opportunity to put words in my mouth when my brain, is, uh, a little empty.

This weekend is a busy one.  Try and take the time to remember those who have died for our country and those we have lost to death due to illness.  Also, try to remember those who survived or died in the recent hurricanes that have swept this country.  Remember them, because we are all "Beloved."


29 May, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/being-catholic-really/2011/05/because-we-are-all-beloved.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com