A Ninja Turtle Home

My hope for rain during the broadcast of my first TV special didn't turn out too well on two fronts.  Just as "Big Tiny World:  Qingdao, China" hit the air on WGN yesterday, stormy weather knocked out the TV signal to some residents in the viewing area.  My anxiety over decent ratings grew when @msbutterflygirl (a Twitter pal in Indiana) tweeted, "Signal went out. Missing @nancyloo #bigtiny".

IMG_3039.JPG
People who did get to catch the entire show seemed to enjoy it.  And what a kick to see "Big Tiny World" and my name among the TV listings.  The production team did an awesome job of putting the show together.  I am proud of the final product and hope there will be more episodes in the future.

The more pressing situation is the rogue turtle that turned up in our backyard yesterday.  I can only assume that the rainy weather made it more accommodating for him or her to cross paths with my kids as they helped my husband with yard work out back.  We live nowhere near the pond in our neighborhood.

Thumbnail image for IMG_3042.JPG

"Donatello"

Never mind that none of us can tell if this 8" long turtle is male or female.  My kids have been feverishly researching turtles and turtle care on the internet and vowing to get "Donatello" all set up.  Yeah, they've already named the slimy thing which, due to my concern about germs and odors, will not be allowed in the house. (Maybe Donatello will wander off - without crossing Northwest Highway, of course.)  In classic teenage fashion, my daughter points to the dog and argues, "Well, he's smelly and we keep him in the house!"  At least she didn't point to her older brother.

REMINDER:  The "Big Tiny World" blog will migrate permanently to this space on the WGNTV.COM website after next week.  Please bookmark that link for future posts.  Thanks!

29 May, 2011


--
Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/nancy-loo-big-tiny-world/2011/05/a-ninja-turtle-home.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com